Instead of sending out emails, I am going to frequently update my blog so that you can stay posted on what I am doing, learning, and seeing in Santiago de Chile. I am leaving this Saturday from GSP and then flying to Dallas. From Dallas, I am flying to Santiago. We will have Orientation with IES (the study abroad organization that I am traveling with) for 2 weeks when I first arrive. We are also going to travel to the South of Chile (Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego) and also to Isla Negra (home of Pablo Neruda...a famous Chilean author and poet) and to Valpo (the beach) before we start classes. I will not actually start classes until March! I will try to also post pictures of all of my adventures so that you can enjoy the beauty of Chile also! I am traveling with one other girl from Wofford, Cassie Rex. It will be great to get to know her and have a familiar face around while I am there. She will be on the plane with me also...thank goodness!
My address in Santiago:
Jennifer Rook
IES Santiago Center
Dr. Manuel Barros Borgono 159
Providencia, Santiago, Chile
My email address:
rookjm@wofford.edu
Skype account:
Jennifer Rook (rookjm)
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers while I am gone. Please send me your prayer requests so that I can be praying for you too!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
rookjm,
We want to wish you the best and enjoy the educational and life experences while in Chile. Look forward to reading your blog and seeing the country from the eyes of your camara. Our prayers will be with you.
God Bless you,
RichandJen
YAY! I've got you bookmarked so I can check out your blog frequently!
love you,
mara-d
Post a Comment