Hola!
Well, I went to the watercolor class on Thursday and I liked it a lot. The professor is young and she understands that because I am a foreigner...I may not understand everything. When she went over the list of things we need to buy for the class, I just wrote what I heard because I do not know art words in Spanish. I had to stay after class and get her to explain what all the things are. It is also ok that I do not have any art experience...I think that we will have to draw human figures by the end of the semester...I hope stick figures are ok...just kidding, but I am pretty bad. I think it will be a great experience and be fun!
I decided that for classes I am going to take the watercolor class, spanish medical terminology, advanced spanish grammar, and the medical seminar/internship. I am just going to wait and take my religion credit at Wofford because it turns out that I have time to do that my senior year.
Today I met with Trisha Price, the missionary that I was connected with thanks to Claire before I came here. I had lunch with her, Alice (the other Christian in IES), and two other women. It was fun. We went to a place called Los Dominicos in Las Condes. It looked like a little pueblocito and had cute lunch spots and lots of craft stores. I want to go back there when my family comes to visit...it a great find in the huge city! I had cheese empanadas, bread with salsa, tomatoes, palta (avocado), and fresh squeezed pineapple juice (with a little sugar). It was really good and typical Chilean food. It was a nice afternoon and a great time to explore another part of the city. I talked to Trisha about maybe helping teach an English class once a week in their evangelistic outreach program. I am going to see how next's weeks classes go first and see what my schedule is like.
Tomorrow morning I am going to El Cajon del Maipo to the Cascada de las Animas (Waterfall of the Spirits) with my Chilean sister, Romina. We are going on a 2 hour horseback ride in the Andes Mountains! I am so excited! It is about a 2 hour ride up there taking the metro and a bus. I will take lots of pictures! I am so excited to ride a horse...it has been too long! I am glad to be doing something this weekend!
On Sunday, I may try to visit La Vina (the vineyard) church in Las Condes. It is the church that Jeff Rollison suggested to me (he was a student at Wofford and studied abroad with IES in Santiago also). It will be in Spanish, but I want to continue trying places and see where I feel God calling me. Pray that God will settle my heart soon about where I am to devote my time and service.
Chao!
Jennifer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment