I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on what is going on in my life right now and the ways that God has answered prayer! Last time that I wrote I asked for everyone to pray for a house that we could rent in the Lightcap's neighborhood (they are on staff at Wofford too) and for a roommate to live with me! Well, after a few hard bumps in the road that were a challenge for me to keep faith and know that God has a plan for good, Paige Carrick has moved down here to live with me. She just graduated from Western Carolina University and is working at Chick-fil-a in Boiling Springs. She wants to be around the ministry of Campus Outreach and spend time around students. She is also excited about getting plugged into Mitchell Road Presbyterian Church where we will attend. I am thrilled that she is my roommate and we are both looking forward to moving into a house very soon. We are going to rent the house that we love near the Lightcaps at the end of a cul-de-sac (see picture below). God answered 2 very specific prayers in a matter of 2 weeks--there were a lot of ups and downs, but through it all God is faithful and has perfect timing.
CURRENT UPDATE....
Well, now that you have read my thoughts from a couple of weeks ago, it is still fitting to say that I am continuing to find joy in answered prayer. Paige and I have moved into our house near Wofford and are still getting settled in. Please pray for us as we learn how to serve one another and grow in our friendship. But, what a joy to be in the house and know that it will hopefully not only be our home, but a blessing to students and a place where students would encounter Christ and understand gospel community. I will update with pictures of the inside of the house soon!
It is the third week of classes now at Wofford and students are already getting involved and studying hard. As I see students studying hard and doing homework....a wave of thankfulness comes over me. It really makes me sick to think of the stress and "busy-ness" of college....God has confirmed that I should not be in graduate school now :) I am so excited to be on the other side and on staff with Campus Outreach, helping students in their spiritual journey no matter where they are in their pursuit of Christ. I have met a lot of freshmen girls in the past 2 weeks and I am so excited to begin building friendships with them and getting to know how God is at work in their hearts. So far this year we have had a CO cookout, 1 campus meeting, and 1 freshmen Bible study. I am leading the freshmen girl's Bible study and last week, 17 girls came! Over 30 girls signed up to get information about it! I prayed that God would provide girls who want to know Christ and become leaders on the campus and He has already brought many girls into my life. I am excited to begin praying BIG things for each and every girl and hope that the Lord would raise up leaders and laborers out of this freshmen class of girls.
The theme for our year is RADICAL. We want to see God, ourselves, the campus/the world as they really are and live differently because of it. God, ourselves, the campus/the world are RADICALLY different than we think and we are asking God to show us who He is and how He sees us and His world. We are studying Genesis at Wofford this semester because if we want to know who God truly is, the best place to start is the beginning! I am enjoying studying the book of Genesis and God is truly re-shaping how I view Him as powerful, in control, magnificent, and the creator. I am also seeing how much He truly loves us--He made us in His image and prepared a beautiful world for us, providing for all of our needs, before He brought us into creation.
Please join with me in prayer for the following things...
- Wofford's campus...that God would do something RADICAL on this campus and that students would be interested in spiritual things and want to know Christ personally.
- Freshmen Girl's Bible Study
- For Jamie and I...that we would be spirit led and share the gospel every opportunity we have and not be afraid of rejection.
- Pray for our student leaders...that they would be sharing the gospel on the campus. They are around the students more than we are and they are so important in inviting students to meetings and building relationships with them.
- Pray for the Women's Soccer team....that I would have opportunities to meet the girls and that we could begin a Bible Study before the end of the semester.
- Sorority Recruitment is this weekend...pray that I would have a connection in each sorority and be able to start Bible studies in each of the 4 sororities.
- Pray that students would begin registering for our New Year's conference (www.paradox2009.com) in DC. This event is really important in helping students take a huge step closer to Christ. We are starting to promote it this Wednesday.
- For my personal time with the Lord. Pray that I would have time each day to meet with the Lord, be fueled by His word, and pray.
- I am going to be leading a group of 4 senior girls as well this year (Cassie, Joanna, Katharine, and Sadie). We will be studying Genesis together and I pray that as they begin praying for what God would have for them after Wofford, they would ask God how they could impact the world for His glory! Pray that they would understand what it means to be a laborer in the Kingdom.
1 comment:
It is so good to read about what is going on in your life. I would love to hear more. Please write me soon! Love you,
Mara-Diana
Post a Comment