So to summarize interim it was SO FUN! It was a great time to connect with students and have informal time around them. We ate dinner together once a week at the Lightcap's house and played lots of games--Catchphrase, Bananagrams, Nerts, etc! We really value building relationships with students as we share the gospel with them--just like Jesus did with His disciples. January was a great time to build upon old relationships and start new ones! I am thankful for that time because I feel like we are starting the Spring with deep relationships.
Cupcakes that I made with a girl in my senior Bible Study...she did cake decorating as her interim project!
Playing Nerts at my house--25 students came over!
Drew and Jessica lost the game and had to get a cupcake in their face!

Andrea's First Trip to Wade's--the best southern food establishment...she is from Ohio and needs to learn to appreciate southern goodness
We went to a Laura Story concert in Clemson, SC and a student's family (Megan Jones) cooked us dinner...it was so fun and a lot of girls came!

This Spring I am continuing to lead the Freshmen Women's Bible Study (Wed at 9pm) and a Senior Bible Study (Mon at 7:15pm). We will be having campus meetings once a month and we also meet to pray with students Monday mornings at 7:30am--quite the way to start your week...very early morning! I am looking forward to this semester and continuing to spend time around girls and meeting new people. I am praying that God would allow me to make more contact with women in Theta--the sorority I was in while at Wofford. My roommates (and yes I mean plural b/c Emilie Land just moved in to our house a couple of weeks ago and will be working at Sun Trust Bank as a teller) will be helping with Zeta and Tri-Delta as well. We are asking God to give us a lot of connections in the sororities at Wofford for the gospel to go forth there! Sororities have a large influence over the campus.
The boys cooked dinner for the ladies for Valentine's Day...here are some pictures from the night!


Andrea's First Trip to Wade's--the best southern food establishment...she is from Ohio and needs to learn to appreciate southern goodness
This Spring I am continuing to lead the Freshmen Women's Bible Study (Wed at 9pm) and a Senior Bible Study (Mon at 7:15pm). We will be having campus meetings once a month and we also meet to pray with students Monday mornings at 7:30am--quite the way to start your week...very early morning! I am looking forward to this semester and continuing to spend time around girls and meeting new people. I am praying that God would allow me to make more contact with women in Theta--the sorority I was in while at Wofford. My roommates (and yes I mean plural b/c Emilie Land just moved in to our house a couple of weeks ago and will be working at Sun Trust Bank as a teller) will be helping with Zeta and Tri-Delta as well. We are asking God to give us a lot of connections in the sororities at Wofford for the gospel to go forth there! Sororities have a large influence over the campus.
The boys cooked dinner for the ladies for Valentine's Day...here are some pictures from the night!
Campus Outreach held an Equipping Retreat for seniors who are graduating in May--we want to help them transition into the "real world." My dad actually came and spoke about finances and did a great job! This is a picture of the girls in my senior bible study at the retreat:

Freshmen Bible Study--I made strawberry cupcakes, pink lemonade, and curly straws because they are all FUN like the Leadership Project! I shared a little bit about the LP and encouraged girls to pray about coming!
Roommate Dinner + Jessica Walker...she is coming on staff in the Fall!

Prayer Requests:Freshmen Bible Study--I made strawberry cupcakes, pink lemonade, and curly straws because they are all FUN like the Leadership Project! I shared a little bit about the LP and encouraged girls to pray about coming!
-Pray for the Freshmen Bible Study! This week there were 16 girls there--pray for more girls to come and that it would be a means to deepen their relationships with Christ.
-Pray for the Seniors that I lead. Pray that God would give me wisdom in helping export them into the "real world" after graduation. I pray that God would give them a vision for evangelism in the work place and that they would leave college with a clear vision for their lives.
-Pray for me--that I would love my roommates well, give my sin over to the Lord, fight to be more like Christ, spend time in the Word and prayer, and pray that God would give me wisdom as I meet with students at Wofford.
-Pray that God would raise up laborers on Wofford's campus for the lost world and that He would get all the glory in that!
-Pray for the next generation of leaders at Wofford to be raised up.
-Pray that 6 girls would come to the Leadership Project this summer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment